Stress and burnout
What is stress and burnout?
Burnout is a state of physical and emotional exhaustion. It can occur when you experience long-term stress in your job, or when you have worked in a physically or emotionally draining role for a long time.
Common signs of burnout:
- Feeling tired or drained most of the time
- Feeling helpless, trapped and/or defeated
- Feeling detached/alone in the world
- Having a cynical/negative outlook
- Procrastinating and taking longer to get things done
- Feeling overwhelmed
Our team are here to help and assist.
What is Therapy?
Our therapy services are carefully designed to provide you with a welcoming, supportive and productive environment in which you can address and overcome your mental health concerns. Sometimes, being at home and in a familiar surrounding can put you at ease and help you embrace therapy, which is often the first obstacle clients face. We can deliver high-quality, effective assessments and treatments wherever you are in the UK.
Our person-centred approach puts your mental wellbeing above all else and provides you with the personalised care and attention you need. Following a comprehensive assessment of your unique needs and circumstances, we will develop a bespoke online treatment plan that will enable you to manage your condition effectively.
What can Therapy help me with?
Online therapy allows our expert practitioners to provide the same level of care as they would during an in-person appointment. Whatever your concern, we can help you wherever you are.
What are the benefits of Therapy?
Online therapy is a convenient and life-changing way to access psychotherapy services from anywhere in the UK and in the world. If you don’t feel comfortable attending in-person appointments, or are currently unable to, online therapy offers a practical solution.
Our experienced practitioners will provide you with a safe space and support for you to work through your issues, whether you need cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), compassion-focused therapy or an emergency admission to an in-patient clinic. You can find out more about the services and therapeutic treatments we offer on the pages linked below.
Our unique approach to private mental health treatment
We believe in providing a tailored approach to your unique symptoms and situation. We will listen closely to your struggles and create a bespoke treatment plan.
We understand that seeking mental health can be daunting. During your first consultation, our practitioners will show nothing but support and understanding of your situation.
After determining the right service for you to offer you a diagnosis, we will guide you through the right course of treatment. Our team of psychiatrists, psychologists and therapists will provide you with the tools to better understand your symptoms and condition, manage your mental health and, ultimately, live a happier life.
Who would use our Therapies Services?
- People who want to see us for a short period of time – perhaps they are feeling stressed or are going through a difficult time and would like the support of a professional to help them through.
- People who come to us to deal with issues that have been present their whole lives and who want to work on deep-rooted problems.
- People who would like to explore and reflect on their emotions and gain understanding of their difficulties.
- People who would like to learn techniques quickly to help them get back on track.
- People who, though not experiencing any immediate distress, would like to engage in therapy to maintain good health.
Choosing the Right Therapy Option
If you have read up on a particular therapy and feel it would be right for you, you may ask for it directly. The most appropriate practitioner will be selected for you, and during the first appointment you can discuss what you would like. It may be that your clinician can give you some other choices based on your needs, but you will be able to have a discussion about this. In the first appointment you will have an assessment so that your clinician can gain an understanding of your difficulties. They will then offer you a psychological understanding of those difficulties. Your clinician will use a theory or framework to demonstrate how your difficulties affect you. Once you can really understand your difficulties from this perspective, you will understand why you developed this particular difficulty, what set it off and why it won’t get better on its own. When you understand difficulties from this perspective, it can really help you decide on what help you want. Your clinician may suggest an approach that is the most effective, but you don't have to choose this. Once you have decided on how to proceed, you will book a follow-up appointment and begin treatment.
Duration of Therapy
Therapy can be very short or very long. There are guidelines that are based on research with specific conditions that tell us roughly how long treatment should last, but sometimes it is possible to work faster and sometimes it could take longer.
Working with a Clinical or Counselling Psychologist
Working with a Psychologist or Therapist is very different to counselling. Although we sometimes diagnose if it is useful for the person, we tend to prefer to understand the person in the context of their own life.
Three key stages:
Details are gathered so that the problem is well understood. Often we ask about a person’s history and early life to get a really thorough understanding of them.
This is where we offer a functional understanding of the problem. This will form the base of the treatment because if we understand how the problem works, then we know what to do about it.
A Psychologist can offer a range of treatments that will be the best fit for the person. A Therapist is an expert in a particular therapy and offers this specifically.
Some of the most common therapy options are listed below with some additional information.
These are popular choices as they have a strong evidence base.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Therapy
Our services are confidential and adhere to GDPR guidelines as well as the confidentiality requirements of all UK regulatory and professional bodies.
We focus on getting you the right remote or online help anywhere in the country in the comfort of your home. Our service integrates with other forms of ongoing health and mental care being provided by others e.g. GP, hospital, voluntary sector, etc.
What is Mental Illness?
Mental illness is a general term for a group of illnesses that may include symptoms that can affect a person’s thinking, perceptions, mood, or behaviour. Mental illness can make it difficult for someone to cope with work, relationships, and other demands. Our team are here to help.
Our team will work with you from your initial assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. At each step we take time with you to reflect, reassess and refocus to ensure that you are heading towards to lifestyle that you desire.
Get the right assessment, diagnosis and a holistic treatment plan tailored to you.
Be prescribed the right medical care to treat the symptoms restricting your life.
Understand your condition, work alongside our specialists and with your body and mind to prevent your symptoms from dominating your life.
Speak with our Experienced Mental Health Support Team
Book an initial assessment and attend your first appointment from the comfort of your home. We offer various payment plans to suit your needs.
Our mission is to help you to live a healthy future free from mental health symptoms. Our highly trained psychologists and psychiatrists each have their own specialisms, and all pull together to provide a tailored service to cater to your individual needs.
Our Customised Approach
1. Work with you to do a thorough assessment leading to a tailored treatment plan that we we will update together as your treatment progresses.
2. Ongoing assessment of the right medical care to treat your symptoms. Helping you to live a more fulfilled life.
3. Preventing your symptoms from controlling your life and allowing you to take control and grow.
Why Health Choices Global?
- We provide national coverage across the UK covering all spectrums of mental health.
- Our Mental Health Support teamwork with you throughout your journey to achieve the results that you desire. Transforming quality of life and family life.
- We’re available 7 days a week providing remote appointments that are non-restrictive and give you the privacy and assurance building trust.
- Our team are members of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.